Random Featured Post:
1. For your blogs (eg. WordPress) add a "Similar Posts" or "Related Posts" feature. I recommend using the Similar Posts plugin.
2. Make a list of popular posts (Top 5 or Top 10 list) and feature it preferably on your sidebar or anywhere that is suitable for your blog/site.
3. Build a quality and long-term inbound links. – Go to the Link Building section for more help.
4. Open an account at Technorati and claim your blog. Make use of the Technorati tags.
5. Do a sticky post which are keyword rich that always appears on your homepage. You can also do a separate sticky post for each of your category to spice things up a little. WP-Sticky is highly recommended.
6. Take advantage of the Buzzlogic tool to identify the influential bloggers and get them to link to you by referring their site to your readers first. Get into their blogroll as trackbacks and comment will not do much good.
Originally posted 2007-02-11 01:58:22.